Photo provided by Special Collections Department / Iowa State University Library
ASC staff members may be available to facilitate presentations for your class or organization. Please keep in mind submitting a request is not a guarantee of a presentation as it is based on our staff's availability.
Presentations we provide are limited to the following topics listed below (1/presentation request).
- Overview of All ASC Programs/Services: Description of Academic Coaching, Psychology 131, Supplemental Instruction, Tutoring, and a time management activity. A copy of the PowerPoint and Handouts are available for your use. (30 minutes)
- Time Management: Strategies for effectively understanding time management, particularly as it relates to study skills. A copy of the PowerPoint and Handouts are available for your use. (45 minutes)
- Exam Preparation: Strategies to be used throughout the semester to prepare for test, suggestions for reducing test anxiety, and tips for test day. A copy of the PowerPoint and Handouts are available for your use. (45 minutes)
- Study Skills Overview: Discussion of basic study strategies such as note-taking, reading, and information application to general courses. A copy of the PowerPoint and Handouts are available for your use. (45 minutes)
You must submit your request using the online presentation request form at least 2 weeks in advance to allow for adequate time to arrange a presenter. One request per presentation is appreciated. Expect to receive a confirmation e-mail if/when your presentation is accepted by our staff.
There are certain times of the school year when our availability is limited. Your understanding and advance planning during these times are appreciated:
- Presentations during the first and last 2-3 weeks of each semester are possible, but require at least one month notice. It is a busy time in the ASC, and our schedules fill up quickly.
- Presentations during winter, spring, or fall break can be difficult to accommodate.
- We provide workshops throughout the semester as an alternative to presentations. We are happy to accomodate students who need to verify proof of attendance with advanced notice.
Please keep in mind submitting a request is not a guarantee of a presentation as it is based on our staff's availability. Please also be mindful of the size of your group; we want to accommodate the most people possible when the need is highest. Thank you for your support!
If you have a question regarding presentations, e-mail email@example.com, call our office (515-294-6624), or contact our secretary directly.