Photo courtesy of Woodruff Companies
The Academic Success Center (ASC), located in the Hixson-Lied Student Success Center (pictured above), is a collection of services and programs designed to help you reach your academic goals (see our mission). The ASC staff received the 2015 DSO Team Award in recognition of our outstanding contributions to the Dean of Students Office mission through the support we provide to more than 46% of the undergraduate student body.
We offer individualized and group-facilitated experiences through course-specific and general academic assistance such as academic coaching, Supplemental Instruction, and tutoring services as well as Psych 131, an academic skills course. All of our programs and services are designed to help you learn how to learn and become an independent, self-directed, and self-regulated learner. It's up to you to choose and use those supports that can help you strengthen your learning.
- Exam preparation and test anxiety
- Time management and procrastination
- Study skills and goal setting
- Help rooms, study locations, and campus resources
Presentations and Workshops
- Request a presentation to have our staff come to your group
- Attend a workshop to improve your academic skills - Register for upcoming workshops here!
Supplemental Instruction (SI)
- Available SI courses and schedule
- Learn more about SI
- Apply to be an SI Leader - Spring 2018 applications are closed. Check back in March to apply for Fall 2018.
- Nominate an undergraduate student to be an SI Leader
Every effort will be made to fulfill your tutoring request, but placement depends on the number of qualified tutors and schedule compatibility. All inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need immediate assistance, you can call 515-294-6624.
- Apply to Request a Tutor - Spring applications are open from January 1, 2018 to April 9, 2018.
- Apply to Become a Tutor - Spring applications are open from November 20, 2017 to February 1, 2018.
- Learn more about tutoring - Sessions are held 2x week (3x in summer)
Supplemental Instruction and Tutoring may occur outside of Academic Success Center hours and in different locations on campus.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Excluding University Holidays), Monday-Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM during semester break and summer
Location: 1060 Hixson-Lied Student Success Center (view campus map | Floor Plans | Images of the building)
Website Management: Call or email our office if you have trouble with our website or find any broken links.