Important information regarding the continuation of Tutoring Services during online instruction.
Tutoring Services will continue to provide tutoring to students between March 23 - April 3. Tutoring sessions will be delivered online through WebEx, an online meeting platform. You can find the log in information for WebEx here: https://web.iastate.edu/signons/
For more information on how to naviagate your tutoring sessions with WebEx see our WebEx Tutorial video.
What you need to know about sessions:
We understand virtual tutoring sessions may be challenging, but we believe this is the best way to continue our peer-to-peer service. Due to potential unforeseen obstacles tutoring may encounter as we move into online delivery, some sessions may be cancelled until in-person classes resume on campus.
If you have any questions please email Rebecca Nation (email@example.com) or Maddy Scott (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What is Tutoring Services?
Tutoring Services is a centralized academic support service consisting of peer-facilitated learning experiences for undergraduates interested in requesting or becoming a tutor at Iowa State University. We work with students to identify and mobilize resources that facilitate learning and promote success.
We are dedicated to providing quality small group tutoring, consisting of 2 to 5 students, for many undergraduate courses (see a list of current tutoring needs). All tutors and tutees are currently enrolled students at Iowa State. Each tutoring group is led by a qualified peer tutor. Groups meet at a consistent day and time twice a week during the academic year and three times per week during the summer. Group tutoring sessions cost $5 per session.
- Apply to be a Tutor Mentor- apps open March 9th- March 24
- Apply to Request a Tutor - Spring 2020 tutee apps open January 6 - April 10
- Apply to Become a Tutor - Summer 2020 tutor apps open April 6 - May 31
- Summer tutors must have been a tutor within the past year, and have a current I-9 on file with HR
- Summer tutors must be capable and willing to tutor in an online environment
- Review position description here.
- Access and update your current application
Students waiting for a tutor have many options:
- Review our academic resources
- Consult with the professor, the TA, or an academic coach
- Check the availability of Supplemental Instruction or help rooms
- Consider forming a peer study group
Individual academic departments and colleges may also offer tutoring opportunities and services.