Fall 2020 Service Delivery - Tutoring Services
Tutoring Services will continue to provide high quality tutoring for hundreds of undergraduate courses in a completely online format for Fall 2020.
What is Tutoring Services?
Tutoring Services is a centralized academic support service consisting of peer-facilitated learning experiences for undergraduates interested in requesting or becoming a tutor at Iowa State University. We work with students to identify and mobilize resources that facilitate learning and promote success.
- Tutoring takes place in small groups, consisting of 2 to 5 students
- Students can request a tutor in any undergraduate course they are currently enrolled in at Iowa State
- Group tutoring sessions cost $5 per session
- Groups meet at a consistent day and time twice a week during the academic year and three times per week during the summer
- Groups are led by a qualified peer tutor
- Tutors have taken courses at Iowa State and passed with a B or higher (see a list of current tutoring needs)
- Fall 2020 tutee apps (request a tutor) open August 10 - November 4
- Fall 2020 tutor apps (apply to be a tutor) open July 13 - September 6