What is SI?
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is an internationally recognized academic support program. SI is a voluntary program that offers free, regularly scheduled study sessions for traditionally difficult courses. SI sessions are lead by current ISU undergraduate students who have successfully completed the course.
We support more than 30 courses in the following subject areas:
- Animal Science
- Statistics, and more
Proven to Work
Our methods of collaborative study sessions have shown an average of over one-half letter grade improvement amongst students who regularly attend SI sessions. See more of our data here.
Students who participate in SI:
- Learn how to learn while learning what to learn.
- Work collaboratively with peer students in a facilitated environment.
- Receive support from a trained, educated SI Leader.
Our data suggests that the more often students attend, the higher their final grades will be in the course. We recommend attending SI at least once per week.
Become an SI Leader
Applications for Spring 2019 are NOW OPEN!!
- Apply to be an SI Leader here: https://iastate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bO6GOh6xfz4PGmN
- To learn more about the SI Leader Position visit: https://www.asc.dso.iastate.edu/supplemental/leaders