Become an SI Leader
SI Leader Qualifications
For consideration, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Enrollment as an Iowa State University undergraduate student
- Minimum ISU cumulative GPA: 3.00
- Minimum semester GPA for the most recent academic semester completed: 3.00
- Grade of B+ or higher in course(s) you desire to lead
- Self-motivation and direction to work independently with limited supervision
- Empathy for, and understanding of a diverse group of students
- Ability to speak and present information to large audiences
Why Become an SI Leader?
Remote video URL
SI Courses for Spring 2023
|ACCT 284||BIOL 211||CHEM 332||MATH 151|
|ACCT 285||BIOL 212||COM S 311||MATH 165|
|AER E 351||BIOL/GEN 313||ECON 101||MATH 166|
|AER E 355||C E 274||ECON 102||MATH 265|
|AN S 214||CHEM 163||E M 324||MATH 267|
|AN S 319||CHEM 167||FIN 301||PHYS 131|
|AN S 331||CHEM 177||MATH 104||PHYS 231|
|BBMB 221||CHEM 178||MATH 143||PHYS 232|
|BBMB 316||CHEM 331||MATH 145||STAT 226|
SI Leader Hiring Process
- Review our list of current SI courses.
- Finalize your Spring 2023 schedule.
- Complete an online application.
- You will be contacted for an interview after we review you application. We consider your application responses, courses, and schedule. Interviews take place in groups. This is your chance to demonstrate skills we look for in SI leaders.
- If hired, complete required human resources forms. These forms must be turned in prior to orientation.
- Complete required 3-hour asynchronous orientation.
- Attend required in-person orientation.
SI Leader Responsibilities
SI Leaders will:
- Attend lectures with students
- Promote SI and motivate students to attend SI sessions
- Creatively plan for SI sessions
- Facilitate three 50-minute SI sessions per week using collaborative and active learning strategies
- Participate in staff development activities and continuous leadership development opportunities
- Develop relationships with students and instructors
- Assist students in becoming familiar with study skills and university resources
- Be a role model for students
WiSE SI Groups for Spring
For the Spring 2023 semester, we will be partnering with WiSE to offer additional WiSE SI groups for the following courses!
|CHEM 177||CHEM 332||MATH 267|
|CHEM 178||MATH 165||PHYS 131|
|CHEM 331||MATH 166||PHYS 231|
If you are interested in being a WiSE SI Leader, read the position description here and apply above!