- For Fall 2020- All tutoring sessions will be online and synchronous
- Review our Fall 2020 FAQ for Tutees
- Tutoring takes place in groups of 2 to 5 students and led by a qualified peer tutor
- Group tutoring costs $5 per session
- Tutoring fees are charged to your U-Bill once a month for the previous month. A listing of funding sources is available for tutees to review and select during the application process, you will need approval from that funding source. Questions regarding your approval will be directed to their staff. If your funding is not approved, you will need to pay by U-Bill or remove your request. Please select the Financial Assistance: Dean of Students Office funding source if you are concerned about funding your tutoring request(s).
- Tutees meet with their tutor twice a week for 50 minutes each session. During the summer, students meet three times a week for 50 minutes
- Attendance is taken at every session. Tutees must withdraw in order to leave their tutoring group.
- Tutors will not provide direct answers to anything graded (homework, projects, quizzes, etc.)
- Review the Tutee Policy Statement for further information.
How to Request a Tutor
- Be registered at Iowa State for the undergraduate course for which you want a tutor
- Complete your request through our website
- Select funding source: U-Bill (self-funded) or funding source (requires approval).
- Have an open schedule this allows us to effectively match you with a tutor
- Keep your request up-to-date
- Watch for an e-mail from your tutor once you are assigned a group.Tutoring is not guaranteed. Placement depends on the number of qualified tutors and schedule compatibility
Why Request a Tutor?
Over 9 out of 10 tutees:
- Expect grade improvement because of tutoring (over 60% expect a letter grade or more!)
- Are more satisfied with their college experience because of tutoring
- Would recommend Tutoring Services to other students
- Review our academic resources
- Consult with the professor, the TA, or an academic coach
- Check the availability of Supplemental Instruction
- Consider forming a peer study group
Visit the Writing and Media Center
If you have a question regarding Tutoring Services review our Frequently Asked Questions. For all other inquiries, please call our office (515-294-6624), e-mail email@example.com, or contact our staff directly.