- Be registered at Iowa State for the course for which you want a tutor
- Complete your request through our website
- Select funding source: U-Bill (self-funded) or funding agency (requires approval)
- Have an open schedule this allows us to effectively match you with a tutor
- Keep your request up-to-date, including emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you no longer need your request
- Watch for an e-mail from your tutor once you are assigned a group. Although we make every effort to fulfill your tutoring request, tutoring is not guaranteed. Placement depends on the number of qualified tutors and schedule compatibility
- Tutoring takes place in groups of 2 to 5 students
- Group tutoring costs $4 per session
- Tutees meet with their tutor twice a week for 50 minutes each session. During the summer term, students meet with their tutor three times a week for 50 minute sessions
- Tutors will not provide direct answers to anything graded (homework, projects, quizzes, etc. )
Please review the Policy Statement for Tutees for further information related to rates, absences, withdrawing from tutoring, and handling changes in your schedule.
We understand paying for a tutor can be a concern; therefore, our goal is to maintain low tutoring fees. There is a one-time $5 administrative fee per semester. All group tutoring costs $4 per tutoring session.
Tutoring fees are charged to your U-Bill once a month for the previous month. Tutees may be eligible to receive financial assistance to aid them with tutoring fees. A listing of funding resources is available on the tutee request page. If your tutoring is paid for by an outside source, you will need approval from the funding agency. If your funding source is not approved, you will need to pay by U-Bill or remove your request.
Please contact Rebecca Nation at email@example.com if you are concerned about funding your tutoring request.
Students waiting for a tutor (or looking to supplement their experience) have many options:
- Review our academic resources
- Consult with the professor, the TA, or an academic coach
- Check the availability of Supplemental Instruction or help rooms
- Consider forming a peer study group
Visit the Writing and Media Center at Carver Hall
If you have a question regarding Tutoring Services review our Frequently Asked Questions. For all other inquiries, please call our office (515-294-6624), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact our staff directly.