Resources for Tutors
Tutor mentors are a resource to current tutors. Mentors conduct observations and serve as a general resource to our tutors. Here is the full Mentor Position Description
We appreciate all that our tutors do for Tutoring Services. As a thank you, we have created a week of fun to show our appreciation. Please click here for a detailed schedule of events.
Tutor Training Workshops
The workshops are designed to help tutors learn strategies to improve/enhance their skills and aid in personal development. Tutors get paid for two hours of additional training per semester. Below is a list of our workshops for the spring 2018 semester. Please visit click here for a full description of our workshops.
Click the links below to read our bi-weekly newsletters.
- Conducting Sessions: Common components of most successful tutoring sessions
- First Session: Things to do/consider when getting started
- Group Tutoring: Guidelines for working with small-group tutoring
- Redirecting Questions: Questions you can ask for clarification, to demonstrate understanding, and to encourage participation
- Academic Dishonesty and Integrity
- Academic Help and Study Rooms
- Dean of Students Office: 1010 Student Services Building, 515-294-1020, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Student Conduct: 1010 Student Services Building, 515-294-1021
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity: 3350 Beardshear Hall, 515-294-7612, email@example.com
- Parks Library: 515-294-3642 (course reserves/textbooks, study areas)
- Sexual Misconduct and Sexual Assault
- Student Counseling Services: 3rd Floor Student Services Building, 515-294-5056
- Thielen Student Health Center: 515-294-5801