Online Summer 2021 Service Delivery - Tutoring Services
What is Tutoring Services?
Tutoring Services is a centralized academic support service consisting of peer-facilitated learning experiences for undergraduate students interested in requesting or becoming a tutor at Iowa State. We work with students to identify and mobilize resources that facilitate learning and promote success.
- Tutoring takes place in small groups, consisting of 2 to 5 students.
- Students can request a tutor in any undergraduate course they are currently enrolled in at Iowa State.
- Group tutoring sessions cost $5 per session.
- Groups meet at a consistent day and time twice a week during the academic year and three times per week during the summer. Sessions are 50 minutes.
- Groups are led by a qualified peer tutor.
- Tutors have taken courses at Iowa State and passed with a B or higher (see a list of current tutoring needs.)
& the Benefits of Group Tutoring
- Collaboration: Students can ask questions, discuss, and share ideas with 2-5 students in a similar situation. Sessions are designed to encourage thinking and peer-to-peer interactions.
- Critical Thinking: They get to build on what they know, practice, and problem solve with the help of multiple, diverse perspectives.
- Confidence: Students learn how to learn through engaging activities and skill development. And the main bonus? Earn higher grades!
- Community: They also get to listen and learn in a comfortable environment where they form relationships with other tutees and their tutor while increasing their sense of belonging at Iowa State.
- Summer 2021 tutee apps (request a tutor) open May 10 - July 25
- Summer 2021 tutor apps (apply to be a tutor) open April 5 - May 30
- Fall 2021 tutee apps (request a tutor) open August 16 - November 19
- Fall 2021 tutor apps (apply to be a tutor) open July 12 - September 20