- Academic Resources
- Faculty/Staff Information
- Academic Coaching
- Academic Intervention
- Cyclone Success Coaching
- Psychology 131
- Supplemental Instruction
- Tutoring Services
- About Us
Photo provided by Special Collections Department / Iowa State University Library
Information for Faculty and Staff
Mapworks is an online assessment tool designed to help students make a successful transition to ISU. Offered September 6-September 29, 2017 (for prize eligibility), the 25 minute assessment identifies areas where students may need additional resources for greater success during their academic career. Mapworks empowers faculty/professional staff to impact student success and retention while directly educating students about transition issues.
Mapworks empowers campus professionals to efficiently and effectively:
- Identify at-risk students early in the fall term to have the greatest impact on retention and student success.
- Intervene with at-risk students by minimizing the time required to diagnose problems and targeting relevant issues to maximize the effectiveness of time spent helping students.
- Evaluate the at-risk status of students continuously throughout the academic year by combining course performance and class attendance information from faculty, information about social/emotional issues and academic behaviors from students, and institutional information regarding term outcomes including GPA, persistence and credits earned.
- Enhance interactions through appointment scheduling and phone/pad apps to facilitate communication and delivery of information.
- Coordinate efforts among faculty and staff who have direct-connect relationships with students through the use of notes, referrals, and contacts.
- Capture “referrals” for real-time prioritization of at-risk students.
- Engage students through personalized feedback and tools to assign tasks.
- Analyze aggregate data regarding student experiences, benchmark results with peer institutions, and generate customized reports to support campus initiatives and make informed decisions regarding student success programs and retention services.
There are several resources to assist faculty and staff who would like to implement Mapworks into their curriculum. Select the links to learn more about the training resources available or to view past data results.