What are Academic Coaching Workshops?
Academic Coaching can be defined as the one-on-one process of helping a student examine academic concerns and perceived barriers to success. Coaches provide students with semester-long academic support in areas such as time management, procrastination, test preparation, and note taking and reading strategies. They work individually with students, assess their strengths and needs, and devise a personalized plan of action.
Findings from Recent Workshops
- Students are 33% more likely to set SMART goals throughout the semester
- 81% of students feel more comfortable approaching their instructor/TA for assistance
- 95% of students feel they are more aware of upcoming exams and assignments
- Students are 50% more likely to plan for finals using a study organizer
- 91% felt more confident about approaching their next exams