Photo provided by Special Collections Department / Iowa State University Library
A Peer Ambassador is an undergraduate student who engages with other undergraduate students seeking academic resources. Peer Ambassadors are employed by the Academic Success Center and assist in student academic support by promoting skills, resources, and services of the office.
Meet our current ASC Peer Ambassadors
- Rebekah B.
- Morgan G.
- Luke P.
- Nate S.
More details coming soon!
Become an ASC Peer Ambassador
We are not currently accepting applications for the Peer Ambassador position. Applications for Fall 2018 will open in late spring. Please contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions in the meantime.
Please read the position description of this page before submitting an application. Click the box below to begin an application.
For consideration, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Full-time enrollment as an Iowa State University undergraduate student
- Minimum ISU cumulative GPA: 2.75/4.00
- Minimum semester GPA for the most recent academic semester completed: 3.00/4.00
- Self-motivated to complete creative projects
- Genuine desire to support and empower peers
- Empathy for and understanding of a diverse group of students
- Ability to speak and present information to large audiences
- An ability to relate to academic struggle or empathize with students of various academic aptitude
- Flexibility and comfort working autonomously
- Attention to detail and record-keeping
- Willingness to learn new academic skills and implement resources as necessary
Peer Ambassadors will:
- Deliver ASC Presentations to campus organizations, residences halls, and classes
- Represent the ASC at campus tabling events (orientations, campus visits, and other university events)
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of ASC services and events
- Display leadership and/or professional development by creatively planning and completing a capstone project that fulfills a need or service of the ASC
- Serve as peer mentors to undergraduate students who are in need of additional support
- Collaborate with other Peer Ambassadors on projects and presentations
- Meet with Graduate Assistant Supervisors to check-in on progress
- Develop and demonstrate skills in facilitating small and large group discussions
- Role model excellent academic habits and behaviors
Peer Ambassadors will earn $10.00 per hour for time spent preparing and delivering presentations, planning and completing capstone project, meeting with the peer ambassador team and meeting with supervisor.
If you have a question regarding Peer Ambassadors, please call our office (515-294-6624) or e-mail email@example.com.