The Academic Success Center provides opportunities for students to develop skills that promote success, practice leadership, and become self-directed learners through the delivery of centralized, high-quality academic support services that are responsive to the needs of the campus community.
The work of the ASC is guided by our beliefs in and commitments to:
- Providing opportunities for students to engage in reflective, self-directed, personalized peer-to-peer learning that leads to developing skills to become life-long learners.
- Supporting and advocating for student success and retention efforts that are inculsive, accessible, and value difference.
- Providing consistent, high-quality services using the most efficient methods of delivery possible.
- Refining and expanding our skills and knowledge to enable us to share our expertise with students, faculty, and staff and serving as a bridge between Academic Affairs and Students Affairs.
- Valuing wellness and a holistic approach to success. We recognize that wellbeing plays a key role in academic and personal success and consider the student as a whole when engaging to provide support.
Programs and Services
We offer individualized and group-facilitated experiences through course-specific and general academic assistance such as Academic Coaching, Supplemental Instruction, and Tutoring Services as well as Psych 131, an academic skills course. All of our programs and services are designed to help you learn how to learn and become an independent, self-directed, and self-regulated learner. It's up to you to choose and use those supports that can help you strengthen your learning.