- Academic Resources
- Faculty/Staff Information
- Academic Coaching
- Academic Intervention
- Psychology 131
- Supplemental Instruction
- Tutoring Services
- About Us
Photo provided by Special Collections Department / Iowa State University Library
Tutoring Services is a centralized academic support service consisting of peer-facilitated learning experiences for undergraduates interested in requesting or becoming a tutor at Iowa State University. We work with students to identify and mobilize resources that facilitate learning and promote success.
Students can use our website to
- Learn more about requesting a tutor or becoming a tutor
- Access and update their profile
- Browse our academic and tutor resources
- See a list of our current tutoring needs
We are dedicated to providing quality small group tutoring, consisting of 2 to 5 students, for many undergraduate courses (see a list of current tutoring needs). All tutors and tutees are currently enrolled undergraduate students at Iowa State. Each tutoring group is led by a qualified peer tutor. Groups meet at a consistent day and time twice a week during the academic year and three times per week during the summer.
- Applications to become a tutor for Fall 2015 accepted between August 3 and November 1
- Applicants to become a tutor interested in tutoring MATH 165, MATH 166, CHEM 167, or CHEM 177 in the residence halls for the WiSE learning community, please indicate that on your application
- Returning tutors interested in tutoring MATH 165, MATH 166, CHEM 167, or CHEM 177 in the residence halls for the WiSE learning community, should email Joshua Mitchell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The deadline to apply for the WiSE position is August 28, 2015
- Applications to request a tutor for Fall 2015 accepted between August 17 and November 1
Students waiting for a tutor have many options
- Review our academic resources
- Consult with the professor, the TA, or an academic coach
- Check the availability of Supplemental Instruction or help rooms
- Consider forming a peer study group
Individual academic departments and colleges may also offer tutoring opportunities and services.
If you have a question regarding Tutoring Services look over our Frequently Asked Questions. For all other inquiries, please call our office (515-294-6624), e-mail email@example.com, or contact our staff directly.
|Joshua Mitchell||Program Coordinator, Tutoring Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sarah Olson||Graduate Assistant, Tutoring Servicesemail@example.com|
|Tyler Person||Graduate Assistant, Tutoring Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Salena Tucker||Graduate Assistant, Tutoring Servicesemail@example.com|