Photo provided by Special Collections Department / Iowa State University Library
Mapworks (Making Achievement Possible)
Mapworks (Making Achievement Possible) is a comprehensive student retention and success program designed for first-year, sophomore, and transfer students and used by Iowa State University (ISU) since fall of 2008. Mapworks identifies at-risk students early in the semester through survey responses from student participants. The survey provides the infrastructure through which ISU faculty and staff can manage outreach efforts and support to increase student retention by addressing individual issues.
Mapworks Implementation Timeline 2015
- Classes begin: Monday, August 24, 2015
- Mapworks launch date: Wednesday, September 9, 2015
- Last day for completion: Monday, October 5, 2015
Benefits for Students
- Indicates areas in which they made need extra support
- Normalizes their experience in comparison to peers
- Offers suggested ISU resources and invested ISU professionals that can help
Next Steps: Complete survey by logging into AccessPlus. Review your survey results and contact suggested campus offices you feel will support your transition to college.
Additional information regarding Mapworks for students is available here.
Benefits to Faculty and Staff
- Identifies at-risk students early in their first semester
- Provides directed ‘talking points’ for faculty/staff to utilize
- Prioritizes time by intervening with those presenting the greatest need first
Next Steps: Below are training resources to independly assist. You are always welcome to contact the trianing committee at email@example.com for additional support.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
|Keith Robinder||Associate Dean of Studentsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rachel Wagner||Associate Director of Residenceemail@example.com|