Photo provided by Special Collections Department / Iowa State University Library
The Academic Success Center (ASC) is more than a collection of programs and services for students. It assists faculty, staff, and academic advisers as well.
- Mapworks, a comprehensive student retention and success program for first-year students
- Presentations, facilitated skill development sessions for courses and organizations
- Academic probation, information regarding policies and training
To learn more choose a course-based and academic skills support.
- Supplemental Instruction, free internationally recognized academic support program (see schedule)
- Tutoring, small group tutoring for many undergraduate courses meeting weekly for a minimal fee
Academic Skills and Resources
- Academic resources and handouts, including study skills, time management, and goal setting
- Academic coaching, free one-on-one support focused on learning strategies and behavior change
- Workshops, free group-based academic coaching focused on topics relevant to the time of semester
- PSYCH 131, a one-credit, graded satisfactory/fail academic learning skills seminar for undergraduate students